Melbourne time

Hello, こんにちは Kon'nichiwa

Well hello, Kon'nichiwa, or should I say こんにちは.....

This blog is about my trip to Japan later on this year. The countdown has begun, today is Easter Sunday, 27 March, I fly to Japan in 70 days, 5 hours and 10 minutes! I know three words in Japanese - hello, thank you and goodbye. I don't drink beer and I don't like raw fish. But I love meeting people, seeing new places, culture and history. I will only pass this way but once and I feel the need to try and see as much as I can in as little time as I have. .
Cheers. 乾杯

Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Wednesday 13 April 2016

15. I've got a little list

Thinking about how I have to get my skates on and make a final decision about which accommodation I'm going to choose, I started to write a poem in my head to the tune of "I've Got a Little List" from The Mikado! I didn't get very far, only the first verse but it's enough or at least a start for you to see the tempo. With the video clip underneath it makes for a bit of light entertainment and good all round fun.

BTW, for those dreadfully un-edumacated folks who don't know one end of an operetta from another, the Mikado is set in Japan (very appropriate) Nanki-Poo, the son of the Mikado (a rich dude, the local big-wig with pots of money and power) flees his old man's court cos he doesn't want to marry Katisha - an old bat old enough to be his grandmother! He dresses up as a minstrel and falls in love with the new kid on the block Yum-Yum who he reckons is a bit of alright and who he 's got the hots for.


As some day it may happen that accommodation must be found,
I've got a little list - I've got a little list
Of guesthouses and hotels in the cities I'm around
And they may have been missed - they may have been missed.

I've got 'em on the list--I've got 'em on the list;
And they'll none of 'em be missed--they'll none of 'em be missed.
Because I've made a little list!





Today's quote: I'm really very sorry for you all, but it's an unjust world, and virtue is triumphant only in theatrical performances ~ W.S. Gilbert, The Mikado

No comments: