Melbourne time

Hello, こんにちは Kon'nichiwa

Well hello, Kon'nichiwa, or should I say こんにちは.....

This blog is about my trip to Japan later on this year. The countdown has begun, today is Easter Sunday, 27 March, I fly to Japan in 70 days, 5 hours and 10 minutes! I know three words in Japanese - hello, thank you and goodbye. I don't drink beer and I don't like raw fish. But I love meeting people, seeing new places, culture and history. I will only pass this way but once and I feel the need to try and see as much as I can in as little time as I have. .
Cheers. 乾杯

Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Friday 4 March 2016

11. Hiroshima/Miyajima Accommodation

As you know from my earlier writings on itinerary, I plan on doing a day trip from Kyoto to Hiroshima/Miyajima. A friend who is from that part of the world advised me to stay overnight as it needs more than just a day. That's all well and good, but when you have limited time, you do the best with what you have. I'm toying with the idea of going straight to Hiroshima from the airport, it will be a long day - a very long day indeed and I wouldn't get to Miyajima until after five in the afternoon, so a one night stay wouldn't be worth it, but two nights there and make my way to Kyoto on the Wednesday, I'll have five nights in Kyoto instead of seven. That could work.

With this in mind I've made a booking at a place on Miyajima Island - Sakuraya which is right on the beach. I've opted for a room with a sea view. Should be lovely looking out the window, inhaling the freshness of the sea. The only downside of this place is there are no meals provided or served. Not even breakfast.


Sakuraya

The 3 star hotel is at Hatsukaichi-shi Miyajima 853-1 Miyajima. and less than a 5 minute walk from the Miyajima Ferry Terminal. Which is good at the end of a long, tiring day with luggage.



Japanese-Style Room with Sea View
No meals available

Room size: 17 m²
Beds: 4 futon beds
This air-conditioned room features sea views, tatami (woven-straw) floors and Japanese futon bedding. Each comes with a flat-screen TV and an electric kettle with green tea bags. Comes with an en suite bathroom.
Please note that you cannot see the great torii gate from this room.

Room facilities:
Sea view, Flat-screen TV, Air Conditioning, Seating Area, Heating, Shower, Bath, Free toiletries, Toilet, Bathroom, Slippers, Electric kettle, Towels, Linen
Free WiFi is available in all rooms.
¥20,600 - $249


Photos are from the hotel website - obviously you get to watch the sunset at the end of the day, which is an added bonus. I love sunset and sunrise. No two are the same and each and every one is beautiful and special. (Now if I just had a better camera.....)



No comments: